I just realized that tomorrow is my 1 year blog anniversary! How awesome for me!
So, the last time I posted I was about to finish school and I am now done with that, I babysat my nephew the following month and started working this month, which is awesome because not everyone gets offered a job before they even graduated officially (which was the case) but i feel tired...
I haven't had any decent free time for myself in a very long time and I must admit that I never looked forward to working with children, it is very demanding and exhausting, of course it can also be very rewarding but I just don't feel it, specially because I'm mostly there do help them with their homework and study other than doing activities which is what I mostly studied for, it sucks to have to tell them to focus and be quiet because its time to work every 2 minutes nonstop, also the shifts have been crazy 9 am to 6 pm (on good days) or to 7:30 pm (on bad days) I'm just not cut for that, I can take a stand and earn their respect but its exhausting, I learned how to work and focus on chaotic environments but having to monitor the chaos and make it stop its something I don't want to do, I can do it but it doesn't make me feel any good about the job or myself, I function on logic mostly and kids don't understand logic very well, they seek the immediate pleasure, they somehow can't grasp that if they focus and do their homework they will have the rest of the afternoon to play! They rather drag the homework for hours and hours and waste the whole afternoon dragging it then the logic option I stated above.. it baffles me, but looking back I distinctly remember never wanting to do my homework LOL so I guess I can't blame them but I also need to keep whatever's left of my sanity so I'm going to look for another job eventually... very soon.
So, the last time I posted I was about to finish school and I am now done with that, I babysat my nephew the following month and started working this month, which is awesome because not everyone gets offered a job before they even graduated officially (which was the case) but i feel tired...
I haven't had any decent free time for myself in a very long time and I must admit that I never looked forward to working with children, it is very demanding and exhausting, of course it can also be very rewarding but I just don't feel it, specially because I'm mostly there do help them with their homework and study other than doing activities which is what I mostly studied for, it sucks to have to tell them to focus and be quiet because its time to work every 2 minutes nonstop, also the shifts have been crazy 9 am to 6 pm (on good days) or to 7:30 pm (on bad days) I'm just not cut for that, I can take a stand and earn their respect but its exhausting, I learned how to work and focus on chaotic environments but having to monitor the chaos and make it stop its something I don't want to do, I can do it but it doesn't make me feel any good about the job or myself, I function on logic mostly and kids don't understand logic very well, they seek the immediate pleasure, they somehow can't grasp that if they focus and do their homework they will have the rest of the afternoon to play! They rather drag the homework for hours and hours and waste the whole afternoon dragging it then the logic option I stated above.. it baffles me, but looking back I distinctly remember never wanting to do my homework LOL so I guess I can't blame them but I also need to keep whatever's left of my sanity so I'm going to look for another job eventually... very soon.
I'm not looking to start a career at the moment, I need a part-time job where I can save money for college and organize my life, I'm not ready for an 11 hour job, 7 days a week... with noisy kids (they are also sweet sometimes but mostly noisy).
Want to know what I also remembered from back in the day regarding homework? In middle school I wouldn't do my homework so my sister would go through my notebooks at night and do my homework for me LOL and the next day Id be all sleepy telling my teacher i didn't do my homework just to open my notebook and find it done, and it be like "err never mind Mrs. Whatevercan'trecallasingleteachersname, I've done it after all" ...yup, and I dedicate this post to my sis for that, love ya <3
No comments:
Post a Comment